Wednesday, October 22, 2014

PRIME Song

Mix it up!  While observing a math class recently, I was in a 6th grade math class that was looking at prime numbers.  To hook the kids, the teacher played a great song called Prime Numbers.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRz4hW9SPPc  It was a fun way to start the class.  
Next she gave them a foldable for their Math folders that gave hints to remember prime numbers.  The foldable was an ingenious idea.  It previously was a black folder with pockets.  It was folded in 1/4s to make a neat and different foldable that has the room to hold tons of smaller foldables.  I hope I can get a picture to show.  This teacher said she had found this idea at a math conference.  Next she did a round robin contest where they had to say the prime numbers in order!  I had to stop and think!  It was tough!  Last man standing received candy! All in all it was a fun Math class!

Great way to use a 25 cent folder!

No comments:

Post a Comment