Wednesday, September 10, 2014

1st Science weekend

Between the lunar phases, viewing of the stars lesson and the Discovery Center adventure, I was reminded about the many different areas of science that we have learned about over the years.  Science encompasses so much!  The hands on aspects of our lessons this past weekend is a reminder that children need hands on more than we, as adults, do.  People/children learn in so many different ways.  Getting in the stream reminded me that actually picking up rocks and viewing what is beneath or the walking scavenger hunt can inspire children to learn and retain so much more. 
I am sad to say I had forgotten the different phases of the moon.  By the way I think currently there is a "Super Moon" tonight!  I had to research that!  ANYWAY, I was inspired to review the lunar phases after our Friday night session.  I also began to think of all of the activities and experiments that can be conducted in a science lesson.  And I have begun to think about how much integration there can be with science lessons!  Science can inspire people to attain all kinds of different professions in life.  I hope I can one day inspire a child with my engaging science experiments and lessons!  I am sure I can with my very creative hat making abilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment