Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Blogs, Writing, Grad School, Science... Oh My!


Although I majored in Communication emphasis in Public Relations, I have gotten quite rusty at conveying thought through the written word!  With that in mind I begin my first blog.  Blogs have always fascinated me.  Being more competitive, my thoughts were always trending towards the chance that people would not read a blog I wrote.  Why would anyone truly care what I think?  Honestly, I sometimes scare my self at what goes through this brain of mine.  But when a teacher requires you to write a blog and classmates are required to read, well then that is a win-win situation!
I have to say I was quite nervous about the science class.  After the first session, I am so excited about it that I can't wait till the next class.  Sadly, I have forgotten how much fun science can be.  I truly am an outdoor person.  Looking at the stars through giant telescopes, wading through a small creek, seeing a very small (thank goodness) snake slide through the water... well it reminded me what I love.
A friend teaches 4th and 5th grade science.  She has an outdoor garden that even has chickens.  It is a great set up to expose kids who may never have been in a garden and also how to take care of animals.
The Discovery Center class today showed me how much fun it can be exposing kids to science.  Watersheds, water cycles, seasons, habitats, there were tons of ideas that we can use in a classroom.  So instead of Bill Nye the Science Guy could there possible be Sally Green the Science Queen?  Quite possibly!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Sally Green the Science Queen! You need a tiara!

    ReplyDelete