Saturday, September 27, 2014

Trophic Cascades

http://sfglo.be/dO0

I just came across a very cool and interesting article about Trophic cascade.  Having not really heard the term before I found it fascinating.  The thought that one species can change the whole ecology of an area!  This is also true in reverse.  Introducing a species to an area can decimate an area.  There are fish called Asian Carp, which can populate so quickly that it can ruin a body of water killing off other fish populations.  The name of the article is called Wolves Introduced to Park Revitalize Eecosystem.  Great story!  Now I would love to visit Yellowstone! Click on the link above to see the story of the Wolves!

1 comment:

  1. It is so crazy that a fish can destroy an entire ecosystem. This could be a great example for students on how we can be the invaders in different ecosystems. We should observe without removing anything or leaving anything behind.

    ReplyDelete